My days of never ending tiredness leads me to finally write some easy recipes and share it with all of you. I tried making Churros and chocolate dipping to go with it. It was something new for me since i always wanted to try how a Churros taste like. :) And *drums drumming* 1 day, i found a very easy recipe to make it....
First of all, prepare all these ingredients
2 cups Plain flour
1 tablespoon Baking powder
A pinch of salt
500ml Boiling water
2 tablespoons Olive oil (i used melted butter)
Cooking oil for deep frying (You can use vegetable oil or olive oil for more healthy eating)
Caster sugar + Ground cinnamon = gives you Cinnamon Sugar
- Fill a deep, heavy based saucepan with cooking oil (or any other oil of you choice). Place on a medium heat and allow to heat.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the water and oil. Mix everything with a fork til there's no lumps in it.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag with a star tip.
- When the oil has reached 170 degrees, pipe atleast a 12cm lengths of batter into the oil, using scissors to snip them from the bag. (Careful not to splash the hot oil!)
- Fry til it's golden brown.
- Lastly, dust it with the cinnamon sugar.
- Serve HOT. ;D
For the chocolate dipping sauce, i followed this recipe.
150g Milk chocolate - chopped
100g Dark chocolate - chopped
Combined all ingredients and melt it til it's smooth. (easier way: put it in the microwave and do check every time til it's melted smoothly)
Here's the result of my version :p
It may looks weird but it taste DELICIOUS! ;)
Do try it at home when you're bored. It's always something worth a try.... :]